The mission of The Children’s Law Center is to protect poor children in family court cases and to advocate for systemic changes to the adversarial system and other policies that advance the well-being of children involved in family transitions.
Through its programs and services the Children’s Law Center strives to create safe, stable environments for children whose parents are in chronic conflict. To achieve these goals the Children’s Law Center administers the following programs:
- providing legal advocates to children through representation,
- staffing a free legal help-line that gives information and referrals on topics related to family law and children’s rights,
- low-cost mediation services and parent education,
- training and support for lawyers who represent children, and
- advocating for positive systemic change regarding the rights and treatment of children.