How do I get custody of my child?

October 4, 2017

If there are no prior custody orders and the child has lived in Connecticut for at least six months (or since birth if less than six months), either parent can file a custody action in the Superior Court for the Judicial District in which he or she lives. The clerk’s office has the necessary forms or they can be downloaded from the Judicial Website.